Sunday, March 22, 2009

my father



My Dad was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis a few years ago. He has to give himself a shot each morning to prevent/subdue the symptoms.

This was this morning; I met him at a hotel in Columbus yesterday because he was away on business and it just worked out like that.

This is something I plan to continue documenting--it's a huge part of our family now. Doctors visits, hospital visits, doctor bills, hospital bills, medication bills. It's financially tough that there's three of us in college (myself, my sister, and my mother) and on top of that, the treatment for this is incredibly expensive.

1 comments:

James Roh March 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM  

keep at it man. That's a really unfortunate situation, but I think it could become a really good project and get you to show some real intimacy because it's your family. It reminds me of Ed Kashi and the sandwich generation

{archives}

Biography

Biography
I'm a freelance photographer currently based in Columbus, Ohio and available for assignment anywhere you'd like to send me.
Please contact me directly at +1 440 897 6758 or andrewspear.photo@gmail.com.

All images and content © Andrew Spear, 2010. All rights reserved. No reproduction without permission of author, under penalty of law. He can be contacted at +1 440 897 6758 for any questions.

Add to Technorati Favorites