Sunday, August 16, 2009

Portraits; Athens County Fair




I keep playing with portraits like these. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, but I also think I need to be more deliberate about such things. Matt Eich and I spoke the other day and we decided upon a new challenge- take every photo we see. Driving around and walking around, I probably see 15+ things a day that would make an interesting photograph. There's always the excuses--"Well, the light's not nice, I don't have the right lens, and I don't want to bother them."

Hopefully I'll be posting more, too.

I guess these stem off of that, and how I constantly observe the things and people that surround me in search of the one that makes it click.

2 comments:

Sam Saccone August 17, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

i dig that first frame alot

Charles Paul Yesenczki September 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

thats a brilliant idea...you would think it would be common sense to photographers to shoot what you see, but i suffer from the same excuse making and procrastination.

{archives}

Biography

Biography
I'm a freelance photographer currently based in Columbus, Ohio and available for assignment anywhere you'd like to send me.
Please contact me directly at +1 440 897 6758 or andrewspear.photo@gmail.com.

All images and content © Andrew Spear, 2010. All rights reserved. No reproduction without permission of author, under penalty of law. He can be contacted at +1 440 897 6758 for any questions.

Add to Technorati Favorites