Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dayton Dragons for The New York Times

Last Monday I had an opportunity to work with George Vecsey, a New York Times writer, on a story about the Single A baseball club, the Dayton Dragons, who are quickly approaching the record of consecutive sold out games- 815 -since opening twelve years ago. I met George, who had been at the park for a few hours already, shortly after getting there. We had briefly discussed photo ideas via e-mail, and everything sounded pretty open ended. Right off the bat, George said, "I've worked with a lot of photographers over the years. I trust your eye." It was a great way to start a shoot, especially because I don't have a chance to work with writers very often. I haven't been to a baseball game in going on four years now, so it was a really nice change of scenery. I was excited to pick up The Sunday Times and see 6 images on the front page of the sports section, and another two inside. Take a look at the slideshow here.











0 comments:

{archives}

Biography

Biography
I'm a freelance photographer currently based in Columbus, Ohio and available for assignment anywhere you'd like to send me.
Please contact me directly at +1 440 897 6758 or andrewspear.photo@gmail.com.

All images and content © Andrew Spear, 2010. All rights reserved. No reproduction without permission of author, under penalty of law. He can be contacted at +1 440 897 6758 for any questions.

Add to Technorati Favorites